Networking is a core feature of Balloon where attendees can network and meet with other virtual event attendees. You have the option to meet in 1-on-1 or in group meetings called cocktail tables.
This was our thought process when designing Balloon's 1-on-1 networking:
- Allow attendees to choose who they wish to meet
- Allow meetings to happen instantly
- Reduce anxiety among attendees
- Don't make anyone feel rejected
- Make the experience addictive
Before we get started, here are some existing Help Center articles on networking.
- Networking at a Balloon Event
- Allow attendees to match again in networking
- Balloon Events 101 for Attendees
- What are the types of networking features available?
Balloon has two types of networking features: 1-on-1 instant networking and cocktail tables, which allow up to 4 people per cocktail table
- Is there a limit on how many cocktail tables can be created?
No, there is not a limit. Attendees can create as many tables as they would like.
- Can networking sessions be paired with a sponsor?
Yes, they can. When visiting 'Networking' in Balloon Manager, you will be able to pair a sponsor with the networking features. The sponsor's logo appears outside of the two different networking features.
- Can attendees share their screen when networking?
Yes, attendees have this option and can enable it by clicking on the screen-sharing icon at the bottom of their screen.
- Can organizers restrict who networks with one another?
Yes, in the 1-on-1 instant networking, organizers have the option to randomly match attendees at the event or to match attendees based on their ticket type. To define this, visit 'Networking' in Balloon Manager.
- Is there a limit to how long attendees can network?
Yes, in the 1-on-1 instant networking, organizers can define the minimum and maximum meeting duration. To define this setting, visit 'Networking' in Balloon Manager.
- Are networking sessions recorded?
No, they are not.
- For 1-on-1 instant networking, are attendees automatically paired with a match?
No, we know how intimidating networking can be so attendees have 10 seconds to decide if they would like to connect with that person or view the next option.
- Can attendees network at any time throughout the event?
Yes, as long as the 'networking' function is enabled, attendees can network at any time.
- Can attendees network with the same attendee twice?
No, attendees cannot meet the same attendee twice - unless as an organizer, you select 'clear matches' in Balloon Manager under 'Networking'. This will clear previous matches and allow attendees to get matched again with the same person
Happy networking. If you have any questions, feel free to message us in Live Chat or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.